WestLand is seeking on-call Archaeology Field Technicians for our growing Washington and Oregon teams. Our crews can be found working throughout the West on CRM projects for private and public sector clients. For out-of-town work that includes overnight, or longer duration stays, per diem and single-occupancy hotel rooms are provided. The successful candidates can be based out of either WestLand’s Bothell, Spokane, or Portland offices.
What will I be doing?
- Under the direction of a field supervisor, conducting archaeological field work (survey, testing, monitoring, and data recovery excavations).
- Under direction of field supervisor, recording artifacts, features and sites, map archaeological features and sites, draw scaled profiles and plans, and maintain paperwork, notes, and records.
- Processing and cataloging artifacts and other materials under lab staff supervision.
- Performing preliminary analysis and lab tasks under lab staff supervision.
- Filing and scanning records and paperwork.
- Completing record searches and report tables under supervision of senior staff.
What qualifications are required for this role?
- B.A. in Anthropology, Archaeology, Heritage Management, or related field.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the cultural resources industry, at least 6 months of which has been in the Northwest.
- Completion of an archaeological field school.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize artifact and feature types found in the Pacific Northwest.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in a variety of environments featuring extreme temperatures, rainy weather, rough terrain and potential high altitudes.
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds of equipment and supplies.
- Ability hike in rough terrain and move in different positions to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to bend and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel out of town for work throughout the Northwest, often on short notice and for extended periods (paid drive time, per diem, and hotel provided).
- Reliable personal transportation to WestLand offices or local field sites.
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
The salary range for this position is $24.00 – $27.00 per hour.
What does WestLand offer you?
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes 9 vacation days, healthcare benefits, PTO, and 401k matching for full time employees. Flexible work schedules and remote/hybrid possibilities are available for most roles.
- An environment where you are set up for success! With two-way mentorship, financial incentives to publish your work, and tuition reimbursement for ongoing educational support, we have you covered. In addition, WestLand has developed a career-path structure to assist you in reaching those next steps in your career.
- A collaborative work environment where information and ideas are shared across teams. Communication is clear and comes often. And our diversity of people and cultures means everyone always feels welcome at WestLand!
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand, visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com
To apply, visit Westland Jobs
Resumes submitted by a recruiting/staffing agency without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of WestLand. Any recruiting/staffing agency wishing to do business with WestLand must contact the Human Resources Department through our website. Recruiting/staffing agents may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.