Richard Grubb & Associates (RGA) is seeking an archaeological field director for its Tennessee Branch Office in Nashville. Applicants should be available to travel daily to project sites as necessary for fieldwork duties. Projects will be located primarily in Tennessee and the Mid-South region, but also in other parts of the U.S. and its territories. Prior work experience in Tennessee and the Mid-South region is preferred but not required.
Field Director responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, and manage archaeological surveys, site recordation, monitoring, and other fieldwork duties
- Supervise crews on a day-to-day basis in all phases of a project
- Communicate with project managers to ensure that projects are performed within budget and meet project schedules
- Review and maintain quality control of all field data
- Author technical reports under the guidance of the Principal Investigator
Qualified applicants must possess:
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- At least two years of experience in Cultural Resources Management
- Experience in evaluating pre-contact and historic artifacts and features
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Experience using a Trimble Geo7x is preferred
This is a full-time position and compensation includes a complete benefits package. Salary is expected to be in the $45-50,000 range. The position would be based at the Nashville office with the option for a hybrid work schedule.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email a cover letter and resume/CV detailing education and work experience to:
Kate McKinney, Principal Investigator
RGA is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. RGA is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RGA is a Drug-Free Workplace. RGA participates in E-Verify. RGA is headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey, with branch offices in Philadelphia, Raleigh, and Nashville. RGA is a certified SBE/WBE/DBE. More information about RGA can be found at richardgrubb.com.