Richard Grubb & Associates (RGA) is currently seeking qualified archaeogeophysical field technicians for various Phase I, II, and III projects out of our New Jersey, Philadelphia, and North Carolina offices. Ability to work in the office when required strongly preferred.
- Assisting Geophysical Specialists with field collection of ground-penetrating radar (GPR) and magnetic gradiometry data, as well as other geophysical survey methods as necessary.
- Assisting Field Directors and Crew Chiefs as needed with traditional archaeological fieldwork including but not limited to digging shovel tests and excavation units, mapping sites, and recording field data.
- Cleaning and minor maintenance of geophysical equipment, as required.
Applicants should have (at a minimum):
- BA/BS in Archaeology, Anthropology, Tribal Historic Preservation, or related field with prior coursework in, or demonstrated knowledge of archaeology, prehistory, and history. Geology, geosciences, geoarchaeology, or other relevant coursework and/or demonstrable experience strongly preferred.
- Experience collecting data for geophysical surveys (ground-penetrating radar [GPR], magnetic gradiometry, electrical resistance, and/or conductivity/magnetic susceptibility).
- Working knowledge of geophysical survey methods.
- Archaeological field school experience.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to travel overnight for projects.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail and note-taking ability.
- Strong communication skills.
- Prior CRM experience of at least 1 year preferred.
- Familiarity with Phase I, II, and/or III archaeological survey and excavation preferred.
Pay is dependent on experience and is anticipated to be $19 – $21 per hour. Projects requiring overnight travel include lodging (single occupancy hotel) and per diem.
Work is on-call, as needed and there is no guarantee of hours as hires will be made based on current project needs and requirements.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your experience and education and resume with three professional references to:
Meagan Ratini, firstname.lastname@example.org
RGA is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. RGA is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. RGA is a Drug-Free Workplace. RGA participates in E-Verify.
RGA is a certified WBE/DBE/SBE. Learn more about RGA at www.richardgrubb.com.