Richard Grubb and Associates, Inc. is seeking a Senior Archaeologist to be based out of its Cranbury, NJ or Philadelphia, PA office. Applicants should be available to travel to project sites as necessary for project oversight and survey duties. Projects will be located primarily in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and New York, and may also be present in other parts of the U.S. and its territories. Prior work experience in New Jersey and the greater Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region is preferred but not required.
Senior Archaeologist responsibilities include:
- Coordination with clients and review agencies, including various SHPO, federal and state agencies;
- Directing, planning, organizing, and managing various phases of archaeological survey, site recordation, monitoring, and other duties in operational regions;
- Supervise field directors for Phase I, II and III archaeological surveys;
- Preparing archaeological survey reports, including technical writing;
- Assessing project site archaeological sensitivity, identifying archaeological sites, evaluating site significance, and preparing archaeological mitigation reports;
- Working within a budget and in accordance with project schedules;
- Communicating daily with project managers;
- Working with and reviewing sub-consultants survey results;
- Assisting with technical proposals;
- Records maintenance and reviewing artifact catalogs and report graphics for completeness.
Qualified applicants must possess:
- MA/MS or Ph.D. degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or related field;
- Experience with the archaeology, prehistory, history and ethnohistory of the mid-Atlantic region (preferred);
- Good communication and problem solving skills;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a principal investigator or with technical report preparation experience for various survey phases;
- Experience with various regional, state, and federal cultural resource management regulations, including a good working knowledge of NEPA and Section 106;
- Technical writing, communication, and problem-solving skills;
- Collegiality in working with architectural historians and historians as part of a team environment;
- Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) designation is preferred;
- Ability to prepare technical and cost proposals is a plus;
- A valid driver’s license, have reliable transportation, and be able and willing to travel;
- Ability to work with a staff team.
- The position requires the candidate to traverse up to 10 miles per day for fieldwork and frequently moves equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
This is a full-time position and compensation includes a complete benefits package. Salary range is $52,000-72,000 commensurate with experience. The position would be based at the Cranbury, New Jersey or Philadelphia Pennsylvania office with the option for a hybrid work schedule. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; group medical, dental, and vision insurance; and a 401k plan with employer contribution. RGA is committed to supporting professional development through training, professional memberships, conference attendance, and continuing education.
If you wish to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please email a cover letter, writing sample and a copy of a current CV (or resume) detailing education and work experience as soon as possible to:
RGA is one of the largest cultural resource consulting firms in the Mid-Atlantic, with a staff of Historians, Architectural Historians, and Archaeologists. RGA is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. RGA is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. RGA is a Drug-Free Workplace. RGA participates in E-Verify.
RGA is a certified WBE/DBE/SBE. Learn more about RGA at www.rgaincorporated.com.