|Job Title:||Principal Investigator/Senior Archaeologist||Position Type:||On-Call/Part-Time/Full-Time|
|Department:||Cultural Resources – Project Delivery||FLSA Status:||Exempt|
|Location:||Colorado preferred, but candidates within Pinyon’s Western US service area may be considered||Rate of Pay:||$70,000 to $90,000|
Who do we want to join our team?
Pinyon Environmental, Inc. (Pinyon), eagerly invites motivated people to join our growing team. Pinyon prides itself on its culture—our team is dedicated to each other and the communities in which we live, work, and serve. We are actively hiring people who are excited about developing themselves and creating a long-lasting and fulfilling career, At Pinyon, successful team members are creative problem solvers and life-long learners. Pinyon eagerly tackles challenging problems for our clients (our motto is, “we run towards the problem) and we strive to keep staff engaged by bringing in meaningful and interesting projects for our staff to work on for great clients.
You will work in a flexible work environment that if focused on providing you with opportunities to achieve your career and life objectives, while helping our clients design and build environmentally sustainable projects. Our firm is extremely proud of a culture founded in the principal values of character, efficiency, personal responsibility, quality, responsiveness, team, and timeliness. We have a passion for the environment and our communities, and we are proud to work on some of the most visible, unique, challenging, and rewarding projects in Colorado and beyond. You will join a team of highly respected professionals and a firm with one of the best reputations of producing excellent services. We continuously strive to create a fun and collaborative work environment that makes us all excited to come to work every day.
Pinyon is seeking a Principal Investigator/Senior Archeologist with extensive experience in Colorado and other Rocky Mountain states. A successful candidate will be collaborative, organized, and professional. This candidate will be responsible for execution of Class I, II and III cultural resource surveys and associated reporting and permitting for a growing base of clients ranging from private sector to federal agency. Task and team management experience of field crews are required; project management experience preferred. This position reports to the Archaeological Resources Technical Group Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- MS or MA degree in Anthropology or Archaeology
- Meets the Secretary of Interior’s Professional Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology (36 CFR 61)
- Permitted or immediately permittable within Arizona and/or Colorado
- Experience applying Cultural Resource Management (CRM) requirements of federal historic preservation laws and policies
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of Section 106/ARPA compliance, NEPA, and understanding of relevant federal, state, local, and/or tribal laws and regulations
- Previous experience with federal agencies (e.g., BLM, USFS)
- Tribal consultation experience preferred
- Experience designing and managing (CRM) field surveys
- Field crew supervisory or field director experience
- Technical writing and document review experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Collector, Survey123 and other software programs as required
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of colleagues, clients, agencies, and other project stakeholders, of all levels and diverse backgrounds.
Application: Please include a cover letter and resume, to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe your experience as it applies to this job posting.
Pinyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Summary of Benefits
Pinyon offers a comprehensive range of benefits including accrued vacation, sick, and paid holidays; 100% employer paid premium health insurance through United Health; life insurance; long term disability; ESOP and employer matching 401k. Pinyon also offers several bonus programs including an overtime bonus program, profit share program, and a spot bonus program.
Pinyon was established in 1993 by Lauren Evans, PE, and she has grown Pinyon from a one-woman outfit based out of her garage, to a thriving and growing environmental consulting firm. The firm now employs over 80 environmental professionals and support personnel and has expanded from its headquarters in Lakewood, Colorado (near Denver) to include branch offices in Loveland and Colorado Springs, Colorado, as well as a satellite office in Phoenix, Arizona. Pinyon is a client-centric environmental consulting firm that works towards collaborative solutions to advance our clients’ needs while protecting environmental health and safety. Pinyon supports private and public sector projects for commercial and industrial, energy, public works, federal, and transportation clients. Our team is energized by working in a flexible, fast-paced, and collaborative environment – solving complex problems for our clients. Given the depth and breadth of our technical team, we are the go-to firm for permitting and compliance on the local level and looking to expand our NEPA qualifications across multiple market sectors. Pinyon is committed to continue to expand our portfolio of projects both in our current geographies and elsewhere in the United States.