Field Director – Seasonal
Northern Land Use Research Alaska is seeking applicants for our qualified pool for work in Alaska.
Field Director – Seasonal is responsible for a combination of project management, scientific research, and field health and safety tasks under the direction and supervision of a NLURA project manager. The position may involve direct supervision of Crew Chiefs and/or Technicians. Candidates should assume that their duties will include office-based tasks and field-based tasks. Post-field data analysis and reporting tasks may be assigned based on an individual’s skillset and project needs.
Minimum qualification requirements:
- A./M.S. in Anthropology/Archaeology or closely related field.
- 2 years’ field experience in CRM project environments with 1-2 years of increasing supervisory and project management experience.
- Completion of Archaeology field school OR demonstrated equivalent with archaeology survey and data collection methods.
- Preferred applicants will have 2 years’ experience leading archaeological crews for Phase I (survey), II (testing), and/or III (mitigation) fieldwork in Alaska.
- Working knowledge of the federal, state, and local laws, regulations, standards and guidelines governing cultural resource management.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and database systems and have familiarity with the operations and use of cameras, GPS, and GIS equipment and software.
- Required skills include the ability to (1) carry up to 50lbs of equipment while walking an average of 3 consecutive miles a day across uneven terrain, (2) complete assigned tasks as part of a team, and (3) use verbal and written communication to listen and communicate effectively.
Hourly wage: $36, higher wage negotiable based on applicant skillset. This position is eligible for overtime and merit-based and annual bonuses.
Number of positions available: 1
Location: Field tasks are located throughout Alaska. If assigned, office-based tasks may be based in Anchorage or Fairbanks, Alaska.
Telework eligible: Yes, dependent on tasks assigned and company policy.
Promotion potential: Yes, subject to annual review.
This position is seasonal and work in on-call, as needed and there is not a guarantee of a job offer or a guarantee of hours. Hours will depend on ongoing project availability. Please submit a resume/CV through www.northernlanduse.com/about/employment/. No phone calls, please. Position will close on April 30, 2023.
NLURA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and inclusion where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking, or sexual harassment, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. If you need to request an accommodation related to disability, religion, or related to domestic violence, stalking or sexual harassment, please contact Human Resources.