Are you interested in being a leader in your industry? Now is the time to step up – ACRA is seeking dedicated members who are interested in serving on the Board of Directors.
Positions that are up for election in 2022 are:
- Vice President – Government Relations
- Small Firm Representative
- 4 At-Large Seats
Each nominee must be employed by a firm in good standing with ACRA. Candidates must also be able to commit to quarterly board meetings, including in person at the Annual Conference in the fall. Board members will also be recommended to serve on at least one committee. The board may elect to extend one or more terms in order to balance the annual change in leadership.
Nominees’ applications are examined by the Nominating Committee to assure that they are current members in good standing and that they can perform the basic requirements of the position for which they are applying. Candidates will be announced to the membership in April, and voting will take place electronically in May.
How to Apply?
Just two simple steps:
- Submit a one-paragraph biography, including a photo.
- Submit a second paragraph that answers the following questions, keeping each answer short and concise.
- Relevant Experience. Please list any experience, education, or employment that may be relevant to serving on the ACRA Board of Directors.
- Interest. Why are you interested in serving on the Board
- Contribution. What contribution do you feel you can make? What one or two desirable qualities (those listed above or other qualities) will you bring to the organization?
Send your nominating files to Nathan Boyless with a subject line that begins “Board Nomination.” Be sure to include the position you would like to run for in the body of the email. Nomination deadline is Friday, June 3, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. EDT.