At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:‘ https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story’
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR seeks an experienced and driven Proposal Manager to lead pursuit and capture planning activities. The Proposal Manager will lead, coordinate, manage, and facilitate all phases of the proposal process in response to federal solicitations. In addition, the Proposal manager will lead proposal efforts in collaboration with program managers, client managers, and other dynamic team members to develop distinctive value propositions that enhance HDR’s competitive position resulting in the capture of new contracts.
- Support pursuit teams in creating and implementing effective win strategies (capture planning)
- Actively manage the proposal process from start to finish; apply marketing best practices to improve the quality and efficiency of response
- Evaluate technical content to ensure RFP requirements and evaluation criteria are met and the proposal is compliant. Track amendments and clarifications to ensure that the final proposal incorporates all required information
- Facilitate pursuit teams to develop persuasive proposals and interview materials
- Develop and manage proposal schedules and confirm compliance
- Provide strategy, storyboarding, message development, production support presentations, client briefings, and other internal and external communication
- Engage the appropriate marketing services resources in pursuit teams
- Lead quality reviews of proposal and interview materials
- Facilitate debriefs to identify improvement opportunities and to measure overall competitiveness
- Work with the proposal team to deconstruct proposal contents and capture the material in the firm’s database upon submission
- Train and mentor employees on marketing best practices
- Articulate HDR’s capabilities and competitive advantages
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in leading capture planning and proposal activities in the federal arena.
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to execute numerous concurrent tasks, prioritize demands from multiple clients, and meet deadlines
- Knowledgeable in publicly available information sources (sam.gov; GovWin; etc.) to track upcoming opportunities and develop a competitive landscape
- Demonstrated “self-starter” with a history of completing projects with limited oversight
- Experienced in sales and developing effective win strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to work cooperatively with diverse teams and personalities; comfortable working with remote team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator)
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of the A/E/C industry’s standard approach to the procurement of professional services
- Deep understanding and expertise in producing federal proposals and SF330s
- Demonstrated experience in writing compelling content based on information from technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to travel and engage with others in-person
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-Omaha
Other Locations: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
More information and how to apply is available here.