Seasonal, On-Call Archaeology Field Technician Openings
Gray & Pape, a national cultural heritage firm, is seeking to increase our qualified pool of Archaeological Technicians for work in all our offices and project locations. Individuals interested in working for Gray & Pape will only be selected from this pool.
The Seasonal Field Technician performs archaeological fieldwork, lab work, or GIS work under the direction and supervision of a Gray & Pape Project Manager/Principal Investigator. Applicants approved for the pool must have (at a minimum):
- A./B.S. in Archaeology, Anthropology, Tribal Historic Preservation, or related field with prior coursework in, or demonstrated knowledge of archaeology, prehistory, and history
- Archaeological field school experience
- Ability to use GPS unit and Total Station
- Ability to use Digital/point-and-shoot/DSLR cameras
- Capability to take detailed notes
- Demonstrated work reliability.
Preference will be given to those with CRM experience. Familiarity with Phase I, II, and/or III work required. Pay is dependent on region and experience, the range is $16.50-$23/hr.
We will be accepting applicants to the qualified pool until June 1st, 2023. Positions are seasonal, and work is on-call, as needed. Acceptance into the qualified field technician pool is not a guarantee of a job offer or a guarantee of hours in 2023-2024. Please submit a cover letter detailing your experience and education and a resume with three professional references to Trequia Walker (email@example.com). No phone calls, please.
Gray & Pape is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.