HIRING Immediate Phase I Field Technician Support
Gray & Pape, a national cultural heritage firm, is undertaking two Phase I investigations in Virginia, both of which require immediate archaeological field technician support. The Phase I surveys are located in Prince William and Spotsylvania counties. Field conditions for the Phase I’s largely comprise of surface collection.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Hourly pay will be $16.50 to $23.00 per hour based on experience.
- Per diem is $51.00.
- Single occupancy lodging and weekend hotels will be provided.
- Typical schedule will be a standard Monday through Friday..
- Compensation for mobilization at the start of the project is provided.
- Fieldwork expected to begin Monday October 23 and last through December 2023.
- Paid time off for Thanksgiving holiday.
- A./B.S. in Archaeology, Anthropology, Tribal Historic Preservation, or related field.
- 12+ months field experience.
- Proven experience excavating controlled 1-m by 1-m excavation units.
- Proven experience exposing and documenting archaeological features in plan and profile.
- Ability to mobilize quickly.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Ability to traverse over uneven, possibly steep and heavily vegetated terrain for up to 2 miles per day.
- Regularly required to use hands, walk, sit, converse, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing your experience and education to Charity Kys at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Positions are seasonal, and work is on-call, as needed and is not a guarantee of ongoing work.
Gray & Pape is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.