Gray & Pape, a national and international cultural heritage management (CRM) firm, is seeking a Regional Manager to lead our Providence, RI team. Expected salary range for this role is $80,000-$130,000. This role is full time, regular status, exempt position.
Summary of the Role:
The Regional Manager is a primary representative of Gray & Pape in the Northeast, is responsible for operational and business development performance within the region and ensures successful management of the region’s key performance goals. Operational responsibilities include ensuring appropriate supervision of regional staff, oversight of the technical quality of work, and supporting opportunities for employee growth through training, professional development, and mentorship. Business development responsibilities include maintaining a productive client relationship environment, identifying market and project opportunities, and implementing strategic marketing initiatives in the region. The Regional Manager is responsible for compliance with corporate policies and initiatives and maintaining productive relationships with the President, the CFO, G&P Practice Leaders, the VP of Operations, and other regional offices. The Regional Manager provides operational support for regional projects and may function as a Principal-in-Charge, Project Manager, and/or Principal Investigator as needed for projects in the assigned region.
The right candidate for this position is a professional who provides inspiration, motivation, and guidance to Gray & Pape colleagues and will have a happy mix of high-level technical capabilities, leadership competencies, and social skills that drive outstanding performance in the Northeast Region. The leadership competences this person must demonstrate include vision for the future, business acumen, a high capacity for decision-making, the ability to drive the team to achieve results, a razor-sharp client focus, ethical conduct, and strategic agility.
- M.A./M.S. in History, Archaeology, Historic Preservation, or a related field plus 10 years supervisory and project management experience in cultural heritage management.
- Effective inter-personal skills and well-developed ability to communicate clearly.
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams including mentoring, training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Extensive knowledge of industry project management standards, practices, and cultural resource laws.
- Ability to analyze data (e.g., statistical analysis, material culture analysis, geomorphological analysis, etc.).
- Excellent understanding of National Register of Historic Places Criteria and their application.
- Demonstrable report writing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate work within schedule and budget constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and complete research.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Display curiosity and respect for others’ perspectives and strengths.
- Commitment to promoting equity and inclusion.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Travel is project-dependent with an expectation of travel outside the local area and for multiple days. Some projects may require extended travel.
Gray & Pape offers a competitive pay and benefits package, including paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement plan. A complete job description is available upon request.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit the following to Charity Touchette, HR Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
- A composed cover letter that communicates the candidate’s technical, business development, and leadership competencies;
- Resume or CV;
This position is open until September 2, 2022 and qualified candidates may be interviewed prior to close date.
Please visit us at www.graypape.com/our-company/careers/ to learn more.
Gray & Pape is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and inclusion where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law. Please contact HR to request an accommodation.