Cincinnati, OH or Indianapolis, IN
Gray & Pape, a national cultural resources management (CRM) firm, is seeking a Controller to join our Cincinnati or Indianapolis office (preferred). The expected salary range is $80,000-$105,000, based on experience and qualifications, as a full-time, regular status, exempt employee. Gray & Pape offers a hybrid work environment with built-in flexibility for days in the office.
Summary of the Role
The Controller is responsible for the planning, implementation, managing, and directing of the accounting and finance function at Gray & Pape. The Controller is responsible for the successful, ongoing financial management of the company and drives continuous process improvement as part of the team including managing forecasting, budgeting, and preparation of all internal and external accounting and financial reporting requirements. The Controller is the liaison between accounting and finance and other departments, is a strategic partner to leadership and reports to the President.
This role is responsible for establishing systems of financial control, processes, procedures, and metrics to enable the streamlining of financial and accounting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance plus a minimum of 7 years of general business accounting for a private sector organization.
- Demonstrable experience performing all aspects of the accounting function to produce accurate financial statements.
- Display curiosity and respect for others’ perspectives and strengths.
- Commitment to promoting equity and inclusion.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- Experience with Deltek and Paycor
- Prior experience with accounting for federal, state and local government contracts.
- Proven success in managing the financial affairs of a multi-office, multi-state, growing professional service firm.
Travel is required on an as-needed basis.
Gray & Pape offers a competitive pay and benefits package, including paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement plan. A complete job description is available upon request.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit the following to Charity Kys, HR Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
- Cover letter detailing expression of interest
- Resume or CV
This position is open until filled and qualified candidates may be interviewed immediately. Please visit us at https://www.graypape.com/our-company/careers/ to learn more.
Gray & Pape is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing an environment of respect and inclusion where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law. Please contact HR to request an accommodation.