Espinoza Consulting Services (ECS) has an opening for an Archaeological Field Director to support numerous on-going projects in Colorado. This is a full-time permanent position located in ECS’ southern Colorado headquarters. Candidate MUST have experience in the Southwest and specifically Colorado and a Master’s Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field. Travel is a requirement of employment and per diem is provided. Permitability in other land jurisdictions (including Colorado and New Mexico BLM) is a plus.
- Master’s Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related degree AND 10 years of field experience that includes 5 years of field experience in Southwest.
- Experience directing crews, managing projects and project budgets, and writing reports.
- Possess strong writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of how to apply Federal, State, and Tribal cultural resource regulations. NEPA experience is also desirable.
- Able to perform and direct the duties of technician (walk up to 10 miles a day; lift up to 40 lbs; identify historic and prehistoric artifacts correctly; conduct archaeological survey and testing; complete sketch maps of features and sites; complete field forms accurately and concisely; use a GPS unit; and photograph resources).
- Be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures). Individual must have high altitude, back country archaeological experience.
- Good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn.
- Must have a clean driver’s license. Employment is also subject to drug and alcohol testing. Background check may be necessary on certain projects.
ECS is a fast-growing SBA 8(a)BD certified small business founded in 2010 to provide environmental and cultural and natural resource consulting, staffing, and planning services to federal and state agencies, commercial and industrial firms, and larger engineering and environmental consulting firms nationwide. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our team. We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V/SO. Drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement