ESI seeks a full-time Archaeological Senior Field Director to complement its Cultural Resources Group program. As part of the team, the successful candidate is responsible for managing Phase I, II, and III field projects and personnel, and organizing field data.
Exceptional organizational and record keeping skills are imperative to successfully manage multiple archaeological field projects, satisfying requirements and maintaining professional and company standards and ethics Superior communication skills are required as the position involves coordinating and assimilating project input from agencies, staff, and subcontractors. Requisite experience includes a broad range of cultural resource projects including, but not limited to, the energy sector.
Responsibilities include managing all aspects of the field work, potentially preparing and contributing to reporting, maintaining field safety, organizing collected data, and directing field staff.
The successful candidate’s expertise includes day-to-day, hands-on management and participation with a keen eye for quality and completeness. Demonstrated communication excellence, both written and verbal, and the ability to effectively supervise people are requisite. This position requires up to 90% travel outside the local area, often overnight, and reports directly to project Principal Investigators.
- A. in Anthropology or related field
- Completion of Archaeological Field School
- 2 plus full-time years of CRM experience
- 1 plus full-time years of supervisory experience
- Maintaining project schedules.
- Supervising field efforts and field personnel.
- Completing administrative duties in the field (time sheets, personnel transactions, per diem, and petty cash management).
- Organizing all field-generated data (notes, artifacts, photographs, maps).
- Submitting photographs with photograph logs, and artifacts, with field specimen logs, to appropriate person and/or department for processing.
- Writing complete and comprehensive field notes and reviewing products written by any personnel under supervision.
- Orchestrating mobilization and maintaining field equipment responsibilities.
- 2 years of relevant field experience
- Able to pass all pre-hire screenings
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Will work out of the Cincinnati, OH or Pittsburgh, PA office.
- $55,000 – $65,000 annually, dependent on skills and experience
- View the benefits summary here
How to apply:
- Please send your resume to Employment@envsi.com using the email subject “FT Senior Field Director – Archaeology”
Environmental Solutions & Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.