Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. is seeking a qualified architectural historian for a full-time position in our Tampa, Florida office. Successful candidates will have 2-3 years of experience preparing a variety of historic resources documentation in accordance with local, state, and federal laws, and regulations in the Southeast and Midwest. The salary range for this position is $60,000 – $65,000. More information and how to apply is available below or by clicking here.
- Conduct archival and background research related to cultural resources utilizing a variety of first and secondary sources
- Evaluate a variety of historic resources for their eligibility for listing in the National Register of Historic Places
- Prepare historic resources documentation as required per applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Develop historic contexts, National Register nominations, and/or HABS/HAER documentation as necessary
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in History, Architectural History, Historic Preservation, or closely related field preferred within a minimum of 2-3 years of cultural resource management experience within the southeast and/or midwest.
- Candidates must meet the Secretary of the Interior Professional Qualification Standards for Architectural History.
- Demonstrated experience with applicable local, state, and federal cultural resource laws and regulations
- Detailed knowledge of the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, and the National Park Service guidelines for the preparation of HABS/HAER Documentation
- Demonstrated ArcGIS experience.
- Experience with history and architecture of the southeast and Midwest preferred.
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated work reliability.
- Maintenance of valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation.
- Willingness and availability to travel, as needed
Currently, ECT does not require vaccination from COVID-19 as a condition of employment; however, this position is subject to change with the nature of the pandemic and related legal and client-oriented requirements. ECT is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
For consideration, please apply via our website at: http://www.ectinc.com/our-careers/ please submit a resume/CV detailing your experience and education, and a writing sample of no more than five (5) pages.