Are you looking for a better environment for your career?
EDR has immediate openings for experienced, team-oriented Architectural Historians with demonstrated expertise in Historic Properties and Cultural Resources Management. This role will be focused on cultural resources surveys and assessments for transportation, renewable energy, and infrastructure projects, as well as historic preservation planning projects and preparation of historic rehabilitation tax credit applications. This role would be a full-time position based in the Northeastern United States and may be either remote or report to one of EDR’s offices in New York (Syracuse, Rochester, Albany). The salary range for this position is $50,000-$65,000 (dependent on experience/qualifications).
The ideal candidate will meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Historic Preservation Qualification Standards in History, Historic Architecture, and/or Architectural History (Appendix A, 36 CFR Part 61) and have a MA/MS in Historic Preservation Planning, History, or similar field of study. Candidates considered for this role will have between 1 and 3 years of experience in a similar or related position in a professional setting. Candidates with more than 3 years of experience are also encouraged to apply.
Essential skills include:
- Demonstrated experience conducting surveys and assessments for Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and/or the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) eligibility assessments and evaluation of adverse effects to historic properties.
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to prepare cultural resources reports, including documents such as historic resources surveys, heritage/preservation treatment and management plans, historic structure reports, NRHP nominations, Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit applications, and similar types of studies.
- Ability to travel (locally and out of state when required), including the need for overnight stays based on project demands.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions at times for extended hours (over 8) and multiple days as needed.
Additional preferred skills include:
- Working knowledge of GIS and GPS technology, mapping, analysis, and data processing.
- Agency consultation including State Historic Preservation Offices (SHPOs), and other state and federal agencies.
- Experience supervising junior staff (for candidates with several years’ experience).
Preference will be given to candidates with a diverse skill set who are able to support EDR’s related client services, including assistance with research/report writing for archaeology projects, planning and/or landscape architecture projects, environmental impact assessments, GIS mapping/analysis, visual impact assessments, and/or technical report writing/editing.
EDR is dedicated to creating and sustaining a better environment – for our employees, clients, and communities.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. Our staff includes a diverse group of environmental professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, landscape architects, and engineers. EDR began providing cultural resources services in 2010, and since that time has conducted dozens of cultural resources investigations and historic preservation projects in the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast. Our senior cultural resources staff meet the Secretary of Interior’s Historic Preservation Qualifications Standards in their respective fields.
We are committed to providing a workplace, culture, and benefit/compensation set that truly values our team members, regardless of seniority, job title, location, or discipline. At EDR, collaboration is encouraged, new ideas and opinions are sought, and every employee’s happiness, growth, satisfaction, and contribution matter. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!