Commonwealth is seeking qualified applicants to fill additional project archaeologist positions in our Tarboro, North Carolina office, working full-time. Primary responsibilities include: leading and supervising field staff; recording archaeological sites through survey; intensive excavations for site evaluations; monitoring fieldwork
quality and reviewing paperwork/notes; conducting background research required for assessments; technical
report preparation; adhering to established budgets and schedules; maintaining appropriate professional
standards of quality and technical proficiency; positively interacting with team members to meet deadlines;
contributing to research and writing for proposal development; and other duties as may be required. This is a
travel and fieldwork-heavy position and traveling for non-local projects is necessary. We seek a candidate who
wishes to grow within the company. Pay is dependent on experience, starts at $21/hr.
- M.A/M.S. or higher in Anthropology or Archaeology;
- Two years of experience directing fieldwork for CRM projects, preferably in the Mid-Atlantic/Southeast
- Familiarity with Section 106 process and NRHP eligibility criteria for sites
- Two years of experience with analysis and technical report writing; and
- Prior experience with Trimble GPS equipment and/or ArcCollector/Survey123/Field Maps apps (preferred)
PLEASE NOTE: As a condition of employment, Commonwealth requires that all of its employees either be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof of vaccination will be required) or apply for and have an approved medical or religious exception. Should you have questions regarding medical or religious exceptions, please contact Kathy Bowers (firstname.lastname@example.org; 610-550-6441).
Apply today! Or find more information about this position and other available positions at www.commonwealthheritagegroup.com/careers/.