Commonwealth Heritage Group, Inc. (Tempe office, formerly known as Archaeological Consulting Services [ACS]), has been providing cultural resource services in Arizona for 44 years and environmental planning services for 20+ years. Commonwealth is seeking to hire an experienced cultural resource Principal Investigator (PI) in a full-time role. Salary range starts at $75,000/yr.
- Graduate degree in Anthropology (Archaeology);
- qualify as a Project Director and Principal Investigator for our Arizona state permit (requirements can be found here: https://statemuseum.arizona.edu/crm/documents);
- 10+ years of experience in archaeology (Southwest preferred), with two as a PI;
- Three+ years of experience managing multiple small and mid-size projects and providing support for larger (>$1M) projects;
- effected cultural resource compliance within the framework of state and federal regulations;
- track record for conducting and reporting on relevant research;
- registration with the Register of Professional Archaeologists (preferred); and
- ideally, have a close familiarity with the performance of such tasks in Arizona and under ADOT contracts.
The successful candidate’s experience must include project management; working with clients and regulators; assessing National Register of Historic Places eligibility; preparing research designs, treatment plans, and budgets for proposals of all types; monitoring field progress; coordinating with the lab and with report authors; writing and compiling reports; and drafting consultation documents. Experience managing projects with budgets over $200,000 is desired. Strong supervisory, writing, and verbal communication skills are essential, as is attention to detail. Experience with budgeting and tracking, as well as the ability to bring projects to successful completion on time and within budget, are essential.
To apply please send a cover letter identifying the position for which you are applying, your salary requirements, and how soon you could start as well as your resume, including the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references. Submit materials to Dr. Brandon Gabler (firstname.lastname@example.org), Chief Operating Officer.
PLEASE NOTE: As a condition of employment, Commonwealth requires that all of its employees either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof of vaccination will be required) or apply for and have an approved medical or religious exception. Should you have questions regarding medical or religious exceptions, please contact Kathy Bowers (email@example.com; 610-550-6441).