Chronicle Heritage is a solution-driven heritage consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resource management (CRM) professionals in the industry. We place an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry, and leveraging those advancements toward the management of non-renewable cultural resources. Chronicle Heritage prioritizes professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking to encourage career advancement and research development.
Chronicle Heritage is currently seeking an Associate Archaeologist to primarily provide support to our Tarboro, North Carolina office, but may also work with other offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. The candidate will need to be able to work independently or as a part of a team of professionals.
Hire Type: Full-time, hourly
Schedule: Monday-Friday, standard business hours; occasional weekend work depending on projects
Location: Tarboro, North Carolina
Salary: $47,000 – $65,000 per year
The Associate Archaeologist will:
- Lead crews on archaeological survey, archaeological testing, and archaeological data recovery projects
- Prepare sections or entire reports and assist in general project management and laboratory duties
- Travel for projects, including overnight stays
- Assist with other field or project management duties as assigned
- Graduate degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required
- 1+ years of experience supervising archaeological fieldwork
- Ability to walk several miles daily, over all types of terrain, and be able to excavate in a variety of conditions
- Meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standard, Code of Federal Regulations 36 CFF Part 61 for Archaeology
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with the cultural history of Mid-Atlantic region and knowledge of state and federal cultural resource regulations
- Strong writing skills
- Experience preparing technical reports
- Must be highly organized and able to communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
- Previous experience with mapping equipment and other special application equipment (e.g., total station, GPS, tablets, etc.)
- Positive and energetic attitude
Chronicle Heritage participates in E-Verify to ensure all staff are authorized to work in the United States. Chronicle Heritage is also an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We encourage minorities, women, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.