Archaeological Field Technicians – Oklahoma
Chronicle Heritage (formerly PaleoWest) is a solution-driven heritage consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best cultural resource management (CRM) professionals in the industry. We place an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry, and leveraging those advancements toward the management of non-renewable cultural resources. Chronicle Heritage prioritizes professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking to encourage career advancement and research development.
Chronicle Heritage is seeking Archaeological Field Technicians for an upcoming project in Oklahoma. The role will assist the Field Director and Project Team in completing archaeological pedestrian surveys, testing and site delineation and recording. Preference will be given to local candidates. For this project, per diem and lodging will be provided.
Hire Type: Hourly, as needed (project duration expected to be 3.5 months)
Schedule: Availability to work full-time, as needed
Location: Field-based, Oklahoma
- Bachelor’s degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field
- Successful completion of an archaeology field school or have demonstrated equivalent experience
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks in remote areas and/or austere environments, including walking, hiking, carrying loads up to 30 pounds, digging, and standing for long hours
- Frequent out-of-town travel, potentially for extended periods of time; potential camping (when local lodging unavailable)
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience performing pedestrian surveys, excavating/recording shovel test units
- Knowledge of southwest history and prehistory
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment
- Previous experience with mapping equipment and other special application equipment preferred (GPS, tablets, etc.)
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Detail oriented, resourceful, self-motivated, strong initiative
Chronicle Heritage participates in E-Verify to ensure all staff are authorized to work in the United States. Chronicle Heritage is also an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We encourage women, minorities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
Pay Range: $20 – $23 per hour