Principal Investigator – Archaeologist
Indianapolis, Indiana or Columbus, Ohio
Established in 1986, ASC Group, Inc., is a woman-owned cultural and environmental resources consulting company with a reputation for professionalism and expertise. The company specializes in archaeology, architectural history, ecology, and environmental services and has offices located throughout the Midwest, including Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Indiana. Our passion is to discover and share our unique cultural and natural environment. This position will be located in either our Indianapolis, Indiana or our Columbus, Ohio offices.
We are seeking an experienced candidate, who is familiar with U. S. Midwest prehistoric and/or historic archaeology. Candidates will be expected to prepare proposals, lead field investigations, conduct laboratory analysis, write reports, manage clients, and participate in general business development. Travel throughout the Midwest and surrounding states is expected and overnight and longer stays for field projects will be required. The expected salary range is $60,000-$75,000 as a full-time employee.
The right person will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- A fast-paced, engaging office
- A collaborative team and excellent work environment
- Paid holidays and vacation
- A professional network that extends throughout the Midwest
- Training and professional development opportunities
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a Masters’ degree in archaeology and has a strong background in prehistoric and/or historic archaeology in the Midwest and Great Lakes regions.
- They will have 3-5 years of supervisory experience and a proven track record of leading successful surveys, site evaluations, and data recovery excavations.
- They will be prequalified, or will be able to become prequalified, to conduct all phases of archaeological investigation by the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) or the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT).
- They will possess excellent written and oral communication skills. They will also possess the ability to conduct detailed research and synthesize data sets.
- They are familiar with standard office software packages and have the ability to work as a team member.
- Our desired, well-rounded candidate will be able to conduct a variety of field investigations, alone and under the direction of a Project Manager, in variable terrain and in all weather conditions.
- They will draft technical reports, assist with NEPA documents, coordinate and communicate project status, and maintain schedules and project budgets.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
In-office attendance is a requirement; however, remote work for portions of each week is an option after the first 90 days based on job requirements.
If you’re interested in joining our team, we would love to talk to you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
This position is open until filled and qualified candidates may be interviewed immediately. Please visit us at https://ascgroup.net/careers/ to learn more.
This position is physically located in Indiana or Ohio and no relocation is offered. ASC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job posting is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements by is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.