Archaeological Consultants, Inc. (ACI) is looking for a detail-oriented team player with experience in Florida and the southeast. Full-time Field Crew Chief will be responsible for supervising fieldwork crews, completing site file forms and survey logs, and providing general administrative support as assigned under the supervision of the Senior Archaeologist and Project Manager. Routine fieldwork, including overnight travel, will be required. All field crews work as a team of two for safety. Company vehicle and cell phone provided. This position will be through our Sarasota office, but the successful applicant may live elsewhere in Florida.
ACI is Florida’s oldest Cultural Resource Management firm with over 45 years of proven excellence. ACI is family-owned with a collaborative work environment, opportunities for advancement, and an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement plan with company contributions.
- Bachelors required; Masters preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean record and access to reliable transportation,
- Be able to pass security clearance and background check
- 5+ years CRM field experience, with 2+ in a supervisor role in Florida or the southeast
- Bioarcheology experience given additional consideration.
- Candidate must have strong field skill set and be physically capable of conducting survey in all weather and all environments, from very cold to very hot.
- Strong GPS skills- Trimble, ESRI Collector or Field Maps- and other related software
- Ability to follow instructions and apply critical thinking.
- Conversant with federal laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines related to the field
- Knowledge of National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) significance criteria.
- Organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects with deadlines.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to work on projects or tasks independently or as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Pay rate based on level of education and experience ($22-27/ hr); overtime opportunities available
- Per diem (for overnight travel)
- Subsidized Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-term disability
- Vision, Dental, and short-term disability available
- IRA Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Merit-Based Raises, Bonuses, and Promotions
Check out our website www.aci-crm.com
Please send a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and experience. Attach your resume/CV, contact information for a minimum of two personal references, and your dates of availability. Send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org. ACI will contact references and will treat these inquires with discretion. ACI will confirm education.