Archaeological Consultants, Inc. (ACI) is looking for a detail-oriented team player who can conduct comprehensive research, quickly and accurately turn-around tasks, and manage deadlines. ACI is in search of a part- to full-time Architectural Historian with DOT experience. This position will be responsible for conducting research and preparing historic context statements, field surveys, drafting reports, and preparing site file forms under the supervision of the Senior Architectural Historian and Project Manager. Routine fieldwork, including overnight travel, will be required. Ideally, this position will be located in our Sarasota office.
ACI is Florida’s oldest Cultural Resource Management firm with over 45 years of proven excellence. ACI is family-owned with a collaborative work environment, opportunities for advancement, and an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement plan with company contributions.
- The individual must meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualifications Standards (36 Code of Federal Regulations, CFR Part 61) for Architectural History, specifically these standards are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in architectural history, art history, historic preservation or a closely related field plus a minimum of two years’ experience in cultural resources management;
- A Master’s degree in architectural history, art history, historic preservation or a closely related field (no experience required).
- Proficient with National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) significance criteria.
- Knowledgeable about Section 106.
- Strong photography skills.
- Knowledge of architectural history terminology.
- Strong field skill set and the ability to work in varying environments.
- Organization, attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple projects with deadlines.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Ability to work on projects or tasks independently or as part of a team.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
Additional Skills – candidates with experience will be given extra consideration:
- Previous experience in CRM and DOT projects in particular.
- QA/QC experience
- Knowledge of GIS
- Experience reading/understanding roadway/engineering plans/KMZ layer files
- Competitive salary based on level of experience ($25-35/hour)
- Per diem (for overnight travel)
- Subsidized Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-term disability
- Vision, Dental, and short-term disability available
- IRA Retirement Plan with match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Merit-Based Raises, Bonuses, and Promotions
Check out our website www.aci-crm.com
Please send a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and experience, your resume/CV, contact information for a minimum of two personal references, and your dates of availability. Send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org. ACI may contact references and will treat these inquires with discretion. ACI will confirm education.