A.D. Marble is seeking a highly motivated Architectural Historian to join our Cultural Resources team. Preferred candidates should have a MA or MS degree in Architectural History, Historic Preservation or closely related field. Candidates with a BA, coursework in architectural history/historic preservation, and at least two years of experience will also be considered.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Conduct reconnaissance and intensive-level historic structures and landscape surveys;
- Prepare eligibility survey forms for various states;
- Complete National Register Nominations; and
- Prepare Determination of Eligibility Reports.
Skills and abilities should include:
- Knowledge of Mid-Atlantic regional architectural history;
- DSLR photography;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Manage multiple tasks, take initiative, and work in a team environment;
- Familiarity with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, the ability to prepare Effects Reports, and familiarity with HABS/HAER/HALS documentation is a plus.
The position will require travel in the Mid-Atlantic States.
This is a full-time position with benefits, although persons looking for a part-time position will also be considered (benefits will vary based on hours worked). The salary range for a full-time position is $40K to $60K, dependent upon experience and qualifications. A part-time position would range from $19.00 to $28.00 per hour, dependent upon experience and qualifications. A.D. Marble offers a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k), vacation/personal days, and company-paid medical and dental plans. The position is will be based in either our King of Prussia or Camp Hill, PA offices, or our Hunt Valley, MD office. This position allows for a flexible/hybrid work environment.
Please e-mail resume, letter of interest stating salary requirements
and a writing sample focused on architectural description and analysis to: