Irons in the Fire: Forging the ACRA Education Program
- An Internship Subcommittee
- A Continuing Education Subcommittee
- A Workshops Subcommittee
- A Best Practices Subcommittee
- A Career Continuum Subcommittee.
The Internship Subcommittee has developed guidelines for hiring and managing interns. A link to the guidelines is posted below. These guidelines will be updated periodically to reflect changes in labor laws and industry trends.
The Continuing Education Subcommittee is working on developing a program that will recognize the value of ongoing education in the CRM field. The program will include possible certification or the granting of credits for completing approved classes or programs in the field of CRM. The committee plans to assemble a roster of ACRA approved registered providers across the nation who can teach CRM focused workshops and seminars to the membership. Plans are underway to develop a list of ACRA educators who can provide in house training to ACRA members as well. This program has the potential to provide both advertising for ACRA members and training for members in specialized CRM topics.
The Workshops Subcommittee coordinates with ACRA’s Conference Committee to develop educational workshops at the annual conference each year. In recent years the workshops have included the following topics: Ownership Transition, Marketing, and Working between the Generations. Each year the Workshop Subcommittee seeks input from the membership regarding topics, we are eager for input regarding choices for years to come.
The Best Practices Subcommittee is focused on identifying best practices in the field of CRM, assembling those Best Practices for presentation of the ACRA website, and seeking additional input for new practices going forward. An article regarding the work of the Best Practices Subcommittee and a copy of the intake form the Subcommittee has developed for soliciting and tracking Best Practices in the field is provided below. The Education Committee’s primary mission is to serve the ACRA membership. We are always looking for new ideas, input is welcome!
The Career Continuum Subcommittee is working on the following three objective: To identify the curriculum, education, and knowledge essential for career success in CRM; To promote the career continuum to firms so they understand the education and knowledge available from ACRA; and to participate in SAA CRM Expo to reach entry-level students and academics.
- Guidelines for Hiring and Managing Interns
Roster of Registered Providers
- In development – A list of qualified individuals, firms, institutions, and organizations who are approved under ACRA’s name and guidelines to provide Continuing Education to ACRA members
- In development – A list of ACRA approved members to travel to your location and provide specialized CRM education for member firms.
Past Workshops and Conference Materials
- Presentations from past ACRA conferences and workshops are available here. These materials are availble to Members only.
Best Practices Intake Form and Update
- Best Practices Intake Form
- ACRA Newsletter Article from the Best Practices Subcommittee
Education Committee Goals:
- To provide direct member benefits
- To attract more member firms
- To provide continuing education
- To promote CRM training within universities
- To provide internship programs to universities
- To make ACRA a national source of technical expertise and CRM training